Registered: 4 months ago
How to Write Essays
Essay writing is an art of displaying information on a piece of paper that is intended to take a position in favor or against an issue. It can also be use as a tool to gather mass attention over a single point. Writing essays is a task that requires talent as well as technique of presentation and creating interest for readers to engage till the end. It doesnt mean that only select group of people with god gifted talent can write essay, but, it is a difficult job to do thats for sure. Here in this article I will try to give some tips that can help you in writing essays as well as avoiding common mistakes that beginners usually do.
1. Plan you writing process: Start with choosing an essay topic that you like most or are very strong over it. Now focus on your ideas, what you want reader to understand? Set an outline and stick to it till the end. Your outline ideally should include introduction, your thesis statement and conclusion, proofread and edit as per requirement.
2. Stay on purpose: Make sure that your essay meets all the pre-requisite requirements; it is focused on a single issue, easy to read and understand for general readers. Dont just provide information, rather give your arguments and try to illustrate your point in precise manner.
3. Dont forget the basics: It is important that you dont forget the basics of essay writing such as, managing your time by not involving in complex statements, answering the question clearly, and above all not providing plagiarized material. Remember, people dont want to waste time on things which they can easily find on internet, you need to come up with original thoughts to maintain readers interest.
Talking about essay writing tips, you need to avoid some common mistakes also, such as following:
1. Dont put junk: Yes it sounds good to fill it up with loads of information to give away a decent impression of your knowledge and competency as a writer, but the reality is that people will just waste seconds to scroll down to decide whether they can digest all this junk or not!
2. Dont copy others ideas: Thats another famous tactic of beginners who seems to lack confidence on their own skills and search for cool ideas on internet and other sources. Todays readers is smart enough to pick the tone of essay, not just it will reduce your viewership, studybay it will hurt your reputation very badly if you copy other peoples ideas without proper citation.
3. Choosing an easy topic: If its easy for you to understand then its same for six billion people of this world too! It sounds ridiculous choosing an easy topic, and then expecting people to cheer it. Always choose a topic that people wants to read about, but is not well supplied by writers.
Topics Started: 0
Replies Created: 0
Forum Role: Participant