- February 7, 2023 at 3:11 pm #26818
I’ll try to complete the IronBike (www.ironbike.it) this summer.
In short it is a 8 day MTB stage race with a lot of single track andd also a fair amount of hike-a-bike
Since your out 8-12h each day and go above 3000m several times you need to carry a backpack
So I guess that the ‘Bikepacking Mountain Bike Race Training Plan 5-10 days’ should be suited for that, but what would you recommend before that for preparation for the fairly high training load in the plan?
- February 9, 2023 at 1:19 pm #26822DaveKeymaster
Lynda is currently out of town. This is a really good question, and I’m not sure the answer so I’ll defer to her on this one. She is back in town next week.
IronBike looks rad!
- February 13, 2023 at 11:03 am #26827
I agree our Bikepacking Mountain Bike Race Training Plan 5-10 days is the best plan for the final 12 weeks of prep for Ironbike. With further info I can recommend the best plan for you to start now:
1. What is your age?
2. What is your current fitness level?
3. What is the duration of your long rides in the past 6 weeks?
- February 14, 2023 at 12:39 pm #26832
1. well….I’m 62
2. My TP data right now: CTL=79, ATL=78, TSB=21 and my FTP is aound 255W (70kg)
3. The last 6wks i did 6x +2h, 1x +3h and 2x +4h (longest 4½). The 2 first week of feb was very light
Last year I did 15500km (mostly on MTB) and 53 ride +100km
- February 14, 2023 at 4:39 pm #26833
Thanks for the additional info. I recommend you follow our 12-week Masters 40+ 100 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record training plan prior to the Bikepacking Mountain Bike Race Training Plan 5-10 day plan to peak for Ironbike.
- February 15, 2023 at 1:23 am #26834
Thanks for quick response!
Two additional questions;
With 23 wks to the start (including this wk) before start, would you then cut the last week in the first plan?
Can you offer any kind of discount if I buy two plans?
- February 15, 2023 at 10:26 am #26835
I recommend missing out week #2 of the 100 miler plan to cut the plan stack down to 23 weeks.
We currently do not have any discounts.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.