- November 14, 2016 at 5:45 pm #16028mtnbkrjenParticipant
I am on the 50 mile finisher plan, week 3. We are spending vacation at about 4800-5000′, enough altitude for us to feel it. The 3 rides planned for these days are 1 hr easy ride, 1.5 hour easy and optional ride, and the 1.5 MTB adv skills ride. I am worried I won’t be able to stay in Zones 1 and 2 at this elevation without being turtle slow. I had trouble staying in Zones 1 and 2 on my last “moderate” ride this weekend and I was going very very slow (1.5mph slower than “normal”).
1) Is this normal or are my zones wrong?
2) Can I just have fun those days and ride more and at higher intensity?
- November 14, 2016 at 6:08 pm #16029LyndaKeymaster
1) This is normal. Most riders don’t go slow enough on their easy days or fast enough on their hard days.
2) Yes, if you have good energy it is ok to take a day or 2 off plan and enjoy your vacation.
Thank-you for numbering your questions.
- November 14, 2016 at 6:40 pm #16032mtnbkrjenParticipant
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.