- April 4, 2018 at 8:37 am #18217MattSParticipant
I’m currently in week 8 day 4 of the 100km PR plan, having missed most of week 6 to a chest cold but back on track and feeling good.
I recently got the opportunity to take part in the Pisgah Stage Race (5 day stage race that will start on day 2 of week 9 of the training plan I’m currently doing. I’m sure it’s probably ill advised but I’ve been wanting to do this one for a couple years now and didn’t really have the chance so I’m planning to take the opportunity. The events I originally targeted are still a high priority but I do understand this is probably not ideal timing.
Anyhow, any easy recommendations on making the adjustment to fit the stage race in? I do understand that is maybe not a simple question so if its bigger than this forum no worries.
- April 4, 2018 at 10:10 am #18220LyndaKeymaster
I’ve heard the Pisgah Stage race is pretty awesome!! It actually fits ok and is not too terrible of a plan training-wise!
Here is how to fit it in:
– Replace the week 8 day 5-7 rides, with the week 11 days 5-7 rides.
– Replace week 9 day 1 with week 12 day 6 (pre-race day)
– Take 3 days off after finishing the stage race
– Continue on in week 10 riding easy recovery rides
– Week 11 if you are still tired, continue with the recovery rides. If you feel recovered get back on plan but only do half of the volume on days 2, 3 and 5.
Have a great race!
- April 4, 2018 at 11:31 am #18222MattSParticipant
Thanks so much Lynda! – I’m pretty excited about it.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.