- January 25, 2017 at 8:10 am #16584Tom SParticipant
I am using Wahoo Tickr and Blue SC with the Wahoo app. I can upload Wahoo to TP but a new workout is created rather than populating the planned workout.
Can you advise the procedure so I can take advantage of the TP training plan?
- January 25, 2017 at 9:19 am #16585DaveKeymaster
This is a long standing issue with TP syncing, and I recently had a long dialogue with them about it. You have 3 options for making sure your files go to the correct workout instead of creating a new one.
– Most devices can specify an activity type. So a ride could be “bike” meaning road bike, or “mountain bike”, and possibly others like “trainer”. The activity type of the synced workout has to match the workout type of the planned workout for the 2 to be associated when a file sync occurs. If that is not possible with your setup or still doesn’t work, the next one always works but it’s manual.
– From the TP web interface, open the newly created workout from your calendar. Click files top right, then download the file that was synced. Upload that same file to the planned workout you want it to be associated with. Delete the workout that was automatically created.
– The final option is direct upload. Connect your device to a computer and upload the files the hold fashioned way. Since I regularly connect my Garmin to my computer for charging, I’ve just started using this method as its fast and easy enough. Again, depends on your setup.
Hope that all makes sense and gets you in business!
- January 25, 2017 at 12:39 pm #16587Tom SParticipant
Thanks for the help. The second method worked quick and easy.
- January 28, 2017 at 9:46 am #16594DaveKeymaster
Excellent, glad you found a way to make it work.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.