Tagged: Threshold test
- November 11, 2016 at 11:49 am #15988downhill_dParticipant
Hello! I just started the 50 mile personal record training plan and have a question my wife brought up. During the threshhold test you recommend a 30 min warm up and a cool down, should I be recording the threshold test only or the warm up/cool down as well? Is it the average of the test or the whole prescribed ride? I am referring to the data we use for training peaks to set our threshold value.
- November 11, 2016 at 12:17 pm #15990LyndaKeymaster
The number used to set your threshold heart rate is your average heart rate from the 20 min test only. Do not include WU and CD HR’s
- November 11, 2016 at 6:04 pm #15996mtnbkrjenParticipant
My question more specifically is: If you record the entire ride w Garmin/Strava/TP, is there a way to parse out the 20 mins of data for test? Or, should the data be recorded in separate segments (i.e.: WU, save/reset, 20 min threshold test, save/reset, CD)
- November 11, 2016 at 10:08 pm #15999LyndaKeymaster
Yes. In the software you use to download your file look for max average 20 min HR. This is available in TrainingPeaks and other software such as WKO when you look at your ride file.
You can use the lap average HR display on your Garmin during your ride to see average HR for a specific lap.
- November 12, 2016 at 12:57 pm #16008mtnbkrjenParticipant
Great! Thank you, on our way!!
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.