- February 8, 2019 at 10:03 am #19478
Week 9 Masters XC Base Plan
Power Endurance B
“Then do 3 x 12 reps (except glute bridge and box blasts are 3 x 20 reps) with 3 minutes rest between.”
Then below it:
Glute bridge single-leg 20 per leg
Box Blasts 20 each leg
Dumbell 1 arm snatch 12 reps each side
I assume the second description is the one to go with?
- February 8, 2019 at 6:35 pm #19481
Will you point out how the descriptions differ. They look the same to me but I realize I have reviewed this info many times and may be missing something here.
- February 11, 2019 at 2:00 pm #19491
In the first description it has 3×20 reps, which is 60 total.
In the second description it has 20 on each leg. 40 total
- February 11, 2019 at 7:14 pm #19492
Thanks for the additional feedback. I have edited the workout. Does this read more clearly?
Focus: Fast lifts to build power. Speed and control is more important than weight lifted.
Warm up with 5 mins of cardio activity. Then do 3 x 12 reps (except glute bridge and box blasts are 1 x 20 reps per leg) with 3 minutes rest between sets. Never go to failure. Lift with good technique and at a fast powerful and controlled speed with no bouncing at the top or bottom of any lifts. Intensity is moderate-hard and never to failure.
– 3 x 12 Power clean
– 3 x 12 Pushpress barbell
– 1 x 20 Glute bridge single-leg (20 per leg)
– 10 minutes of core work
– 1 x 20 Box Blasts each leg. Do the box blasts in a fast and explosive manner
– 3 x 12 Dumbell 1-arm snatch 12 reps each side
– 3 x 12 Standing straight arm pull down
– 10 mins do core work or strengthen a personal weakness or complete personal rehab exercises.
Finish with 5 minutes of stretching.
- February 12, 2019 at 9:57 am #19493
Not to be picky but the dumbbell one arm snatch should not be 3×12. Just 12 each arm.
- February 12, 2019 at 10:20 am #19494
I always appreciate feedback.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.