- February 8, 2018 at 4:21 pm #18038
Doing Leadville again this year and I started the Masters Base Plan a little early. I was bored with watching football and eating poorly and wanted some motivation. I started the Base plan on Jan 1st. So my question is with Leadville August 11th should I repeat Base weeks 1-8 beginning Feb 25th or should I started Master’s PR Plan early and repeat certain weeks within that plan?
Thanks in advance,
- February 8, 2018 at 6:25 pm #18039LyndaKeymaster
That depends on what your Leadville goal is? Do you want to get faster? What is your goal?
- February 11, 2018 at 3:19 pm #18043
Sub 9 hour, bigger belt buckle, I need to take 39 min off my time. I felt really strong at the end and felt like I could have kept riding a couple more hours. My time was 9:39.
- February 12, 2018 at 2:30 pm #18046LyndaKeymaster
This is great. You have an 8 week gap between ending the base plan and starting the 100 miler plan to use to increase your speed and power. I recommend you follow weeks 1-8 of the Masters 40+ Cross Country Mountain Bike Build Peak and Race Mountain Bike Training Plan in this time block.
- February 14, 2018 at 10:42 pm #18055
- The forum ‘Athlete Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.