Home › MTB Training and Racing Forums › Athlete Support Forum › Repeat last 5 weeks of Base Masters Plan?
Tagged: which plan
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 months ago by Tom Craw.
- October 29, 2022 at 12:58 am #26609Tom CrawParticipant
Hi Lynda I am completing the 12 week Base 40+ MTB plan tomorrow and have had great improvements in my FTP. My target A race is on Feb 25 2023 a 50KM XC race. I have a B race every month until then. I plan to start the Masters 40+ build peak and race program on Dec 3rd to peak for the A race in February.
For the next 5 weeks should I just repeat the last 5 weeks of the Base 40+ plan or is there some other plan I should try?
- October 30, 2022 at 3:42 pm #26612LyndaKeymaster
Repeating the last 5 weeks of the Base 40+ plan is a great option. If you had 6 or more weeks I would recommend following the first half of our Masters 40+ Cross Country Mountain Bike Build Peak and Race Mountain Bike Training Plan for a speed and power training block.
- October 31, 2022 at 2:43 am #26613Tom CrawParticipant
Thanks Coach Lynda. Much appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.