- January 19, 2020 at 4:09 pm #20459
I ve finished “xc cat 1 base plan” and I ve started “xc cat 1 build peak and race”. I am in week 2 day1 right now.
1- 9th february will be week4 day 7 which is a 3 hour “practice relaxation skills”, but I would like to race that day. What do you suggest?
2- If I race, when I should do the power and hr performance test?
- January 20, 2020 at 8:08 am #20460
1. Take day 5 off, move day 5 to day 6 and race on day 7. Miss out the test on day 6. The following week #5 on day 3 and 4 replace the workouts with recovery days if you are still tired from the race.
2. Include the test in your week 5 day 7 ride.
- February 4, 2020 at 3:28 pm #20526
What if I race on week 5 day 7, too?
- February 4, 2020 at 3:40 pm #20527
That fits as there is already an option in your plan to race on week 5 day 7. If you read forward in your plan you will see it.
- February 6, 2020 at 4:08 am #20533
Yes there is, but since i am supposed to include the test in that ride, should i perform the test during the race??
- February 6, 2020 at 9:13 am #20534
Ah gotcha. Drop the test. There is no room in your schedule for the test when racing on these weeks. Racing numbers are always higher than training numbers so it is never a good plan to test during a race or use race numbers in training.
- February 7, 2020 at 7:17 am #20540
Cool. Thank you Lynda!
- February 9, 2020 at 7:19 am #20543
Eventually I didn’t race on week4day7 and managed to do the test.
BUT my A event on week 12 was rescheduled from 5th april to 1st may.this means 4 weeks further. So now, i am about to start week 5, what am i supposed to do?
- February 10, 2020 at 9:44 am #20545
Repeat weeks 8, 10, 11, 12 to add 4 weeks to your plan.
- February 21, 2020 at 3:19 pm #20578
it’s still me, now through week 6 of “xc cat 1 build peak and race”. I haven’t trained since week5 day 6 (one full week tomorrow), because of a flu. Coughing, shortness of breath, headache, just some little fever. I usually don’t get sick, so if I stopped training it means that I was really off. I think tomorrow I can start training again (supposedly week6 day5). I am aware that 5-8 weeks is the most important block in the training plan, and I don’t want to mess everything up just because of a stupid flu.
– Where should I pick up my training from?
- February 23, 2020 at 5:01 pm #20584
Get 100% healthy first. You can’t build fitness on a sick body. Return to training with 2 easy days then, if you are 100% healthy, get back on plan without making any missed workouts up.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.