- February 26, 2019 at 4:53 pm #19527
Hi Lynda. I’m at week 9 of the master’s base plan.
1)If I am still base training and I do a B race on a Sunday what do the few days after look like as far as recovering if it happens to fall on a prescribed hard week? My training week starts on Mondays so the Tuesday workout would be something like L5 sprints.
2) Once I start the Build and race plan same question but after A and B races.
- February 26, 2019 at 8:12 pm #19528
1. What duration race? 24-hour solo? 30-min short track?
2. How hard do you plan to pedal in the race?
- February 26, 2019 at 8:34 pm #19529
1) Between 1:30 2:30 race time
2) I think even at a B race I would be going almost as hard as an A race as I would be seeing what my early in race limits are without worrying about finish time.
- February 27, 2019 at 9:47 am #19530
1) I recommend taking Monday off, recovery spin on Tues, stick to the plan Wed, 1.5 hours in zones 2-3 on Thur, then Friday return to the plan as-is.
2) During the Build, peak and race plan on weeks 4, 5, 7, 8 and 10 a weekend race option is already designed into the plan. On those weeks, no changes are needed. On other weeks follow a similar pattern to described above.
- March 6, 2019 at 10:01 pm #19544
Thanks Lynda. These are very helpful answers. I have a follow up question to your above answer #2.
When I have an A race during the build and race plan on a week that happens to be at the end of a hard training week in the plan would I insert the easier pre race week schedule you have in this plan or possibly do lower amount of the prescribed intervals during that pre race week?
- March 7, 2019 at 9:22 am #19546
- March 7, 2019 at 10:10 am #19548
Sorry. Yes to using the easier pre race week in the schedule or yes to shortening the harder weeks intervals?
- March 7, 2019 at 10:32 am #19549
For “A” races follow week 12 in your Build, Peak and Race plan and for the week prior to “A” races follow week 11 in your plan.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.