Tagged: Plans stack and timing
- November 24, 2019 at 11:32 pm #20192
I am racing the El Paso Puzzler 35 mile course (using the 40+ 50 mi PR plan) on January 19 and would like to do the Moab Rocks Stage Race March 30, 31, April 1. How do you think I should integrate the Puzzler into the start of the Stage Race 40+ plan?
- November 25, 2019 at 2:19 pm #20196
1) Which race is more important to you?
2) What week of the 40+ 50 mi PR plan are you on today?
- November 25, 2019 at 9:01 pm #20197
1) The stage race is more important to me.
2) I am on week 4 of the 40+ 50 mi PR plan.
- November 26, 2019 at 9:15 am #20199
Miss out week 7 of the 50 miler plan shorten your plan by 1 week so you land on week 12 on Puzzler race week of Jan 13th.
1/20/2020 – Take a week off for rest and recovery.
1/27/2020 – Start the Masters 40+ Mountain Bike 3-4 day Stage Race Mountain Bike Training Plan at week #3 and follow the rest of the plan through to week 12 and a peak for Moab Rocks.
FYI: Moab Rocks is March 28th – 30th, 2020, not March 30 – April 1
- November 29, 2019 at 9:36 am #20217
Great, thanks! That is super helpful. Maybe I’ll see you there.
I noticed on the Elevated Legs webpage they sometimes have leg recovery stations at Trans Rockies events. Did they have this at the Moab Rocks?
- November 29, 2019 at 11:57 am #20220
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.