- This topic is empty.
- February 18, 2009 at 9:03 am #4775SteveJMember
Started your 12 hr PR plan last Monday (2/9) and did all the prescribed workouts as best I could except for the Friday 2 hour ride (short hill sprints).
- February 18, 2009 at 10:01 am #5759LyndaKeymaster
Everybody has a different recovery profile. You should do two things:
- First take more days off and drop workouts from the plan. Do not train on dead legs. Training dead legs makes them slower.
- Read this article, Tools to Speed Recovery, to see if you can do that.
You should mix SS training and geared training. The weekday intervals are better done on gears and the weekend endurance rides are better done SS.
I trained a mix of road and mtb with gears and mtb with SS for Old Pueblo. As the race approached I reduced the gearie time and upped the SS time until the final 2 weeks were SS only.
Even when I was SS only in the final 2 weeks I changed the gear on the SS daily to get it correct for the workout goal. Recovery spins on flat dirt roads were 32×21 on some days.
In regular SS training I change the gear for almost every ride depending on what trail I will ride and what the workout goal is.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.