Home › MTB Training and Racing Forums › Athlete Support Forum › Coggan vs. Friel HR
- This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Tom S.
- April 4, 2017 at 7:16 am #16899Tom SParticipant
What HR Zone calculation do I set in Training Peaks for the Masters 40+ 50 Mile Mountain Bike PR Plan?
The Coggan zones are quite a bit lower HR than the Friel Zones.
I currently have the calculation fields set for “Lactate Threshold” and “Joe Friel for Cycling(7)”.
- April 4, 2017 at 8:01 am #16900LyndaKeymaster
You are correct.
CALCULATING YOUR HEART RATE ZONES: Use the TrainingPeaks training zones calculator found in the SETTINGS > ZONES tab as follows:
1. In TrainingPeaks open your athlete account setting page and select Zones (click on your name > settings > zones).
2. Enter the average heart rate from your 20-minute test into the Threshold Heart Rate box.
3. Choose type “Lactate Threshold” from the drop-down menu in the auto calculation box.
4. Choose method “Joe Friel for Cycling” in the drop-down menu in the auto calculation box.
5. Click Calculate > Apply > Save.
- April 4, 2017 at 8:26 am #16903Tom SParticipant
Thank you. I was secretly hoping for the Coggan Zones after this morning’s Z5 intervals.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.