Tagged: Breck Epic
- May 6, 2019 at 2:08 pm #19662
BE19 is 13 weeks away and I am shopping for a training program. Before I pulled the trigger on a specific program, I just wanted to confirm with you that I am choosing the right program.
A few bits of info on me
– I’m 47
– First time I’m doing a race of this magnitude
– Previous endurance events of significance in the last couple of years include Everesting and riding first week of the Giro
– Could manage 10-12 hr/wk but prefer to keep under 10
– Happy to do a combo of trainer, road, mtb, and strength
– Goal is to finish
I have experience with Sufferfest training plans and have found them effective but am not sure they are geared toward a race of this magnitude.
So a few questions:
– Was thinking Masters 40+ Mountain Bike 5-7 day. Would you agree?
– Does your training follow power zones based on FTP tests? both indoor and outdoor?
– Do you recommend consults?
Thanks so much!
Thanks so much!
- May 6, 2019 at 2:14 pm #19663
Linda – one more question please
Would the plan include any “online coaching” via trainingpeaks, or are the alternatives communicating via this forum and/or coaching consults for 30/60 mins?
- May 6, 2019 at 3:42 pm #19665
Our Masters 40+ Mountain Bike 5-7 day Stage Race Mountain Bike Training Plan is the best plan for you to prepare for the 7-day Breck Epic stage race.
Yes, the plan follows power zones based on FTP testing. There are also HR and PE training guidelines for those days when you are on a bike with no power meter.
I am always happy to schedule consults when needed. This varies per athlete and their prior race experience.
The plan does not include any online coaching. Click here for info on our personal coaching programs.
- May 6, 2019 at 4:05 pm #19666
Thanks for your quick reply Linda. These answers are very helpful
Are you able to share a screenshoot of one week so I can just have a look at a sample? It would be helpful for me understand that so I can see how compatible it is to other training programs I have been doing.
Thanks so much
- May 6, 2019 at 4:37 pm #19667
- May 7, 2019 at 10:30 am #19668
perfect, thanks so much Linda!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.