- January 17, 2017 at 4:15 pm #16567dirtnapParticipant
1. If I don’t have a group ride or xc race to do on D6, wk1 and wk2, would a warm up then 2hrs mostly in HR Z3 work?
2. The D7 rides for wk1 and wk2, are they primarily just skills rides? Meaning low miles and low HR zone the whole time, right? For some reason I’m having trouble understanding how much volume/stress this ride should be.
- January 17, 2017 at 4:50 pm #16568LyndaKeymaster
1. Warm up then hit all zones with a good amount in zone 4 and 5 in addition to 2 and 3. Variable pace and all zones.
2. Base training and skills in heart rate zone 2 mostly, a little zone 3 is ok. Power level is mostly L2 but in the technical sections all power levels will be seen briefly. This ride hits your core, skills, hike-a-bike and aerobic base to get you ready for AZTR – all of these factors are integral to a successful AZT.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.