- April 6, 2020 at 5:59 am #20718
I have finished 40+ Masters Cross Country Mountain Bike Base Training Plan and 40+ Masters Cross Country Mountain Bike Build, Peak and Race Training Plan.
Now it’s time for the next plan, my “A” race is 95km and when I use the plan finder it chooses
40+ Masters Cross Country Mountain Bike Build, Peak and Race Training Plan or
100 km Mountain Bike Race – Personal Record Plan.
I think I will choose the 100K program to get the extra hours because there will no races I Sweden for at least 2 months.
What do you think? Bad idea?
- April 6, 2020 at 9:31 am #20719
Tell me more about your 95km race.
1. What is your goal finish time?
2. Is it a hilly technical course or fast, flat smooth course?
- April 6, 2020 at 11:57 am #20721
It is the Swedish race Cykelvasan and my best time is 3:10.
I must say its not technical at all, mostly gravel and fire roads and about 1000 m elevation gain.
I’m also planning for another race 81 km and 1500 m elevation. This race is more technical.
- April 6, 2020 at 6:33 pm #20722
I recommend you follow our Masters 40+ 50 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan This plan is designed for races with a finish duration of 3-5 hours. This is the best fit plan for a race of 3:10. Duration is more important than distance when choosing the most accurate training plan.
- April 7, 2020 at 2:24 am #20723
Thank you for your advice.
I will follow the Masters 40+ 50 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan.
Because of the situation vid Covid-19 I will extend this plan with 3 weeks or more.
Can I reuse for example week 1-3 to extend the plan?
- April 7, 2020 at 8:22 am #20726
Repeating weeks 1-3 is a great way to extend the plan.
- April 7, 2020 at 11:28 am #20733
Thank you for all the guidance and advice.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.