- July 28, 2019 at 8:54 am #19882
I’m coming back from a MTB road trip in Montana and all that climbing has me confident to race a 6 HR lap race on September 21. I’m recovering this week, then working a school backpacking trip the following week, which gives me 6 weeks of earnest training before the race. Which weeks do you recommend from a 40+ Masters 50 mi PR Plan?
- July 29, 2019 at 10:29 am #19886
A Montana MTB road trip sounds fantastic. What were your favorite trails?
I recommend following weeks 7-12 of the 40+ Masters 50 mi PR Plan to prep for your 6 HR lap race on September 21,
- July 29, 2019 at 4:21 pm #19888
Ok, sounds good on the plan, thanks!
I think my favorites were: for fun flowy quality trails, the trails around Helena; for amazing terrain and views, the Lionhead CDT from Targhee Pass over to Mile Creek, amazing!
- July 30, 2019 at 9:06 am #19889
I rode Targhee Pass to Mile Creek last year and it was amazing!
- July 31, 2019 at 6:57 pm #19896
Awesome! Anything else notable in that area/ Bozeman? I am stoked to return.
- August 1, 2019 at 9:21 am #19897
Bangtail Divide trail near Bozeman was one of my favs. We hit it when the mushrooms were huge and flowers peaking!
- August 2, 2019 at 7:10 pm #19900
sounds delightful : )
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.