Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

50 mile vs 100km plan

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Lynda and Team.

I am just about to load up my programs again for this year for the Whaka 100 at the end of Oct. This will be my 3rd time.
      My intention was to use:
      Masters 40+ Base Training Plan , Masters 40+ Cross Country Mountain Bike Build Peak and Race Mountain Bike , then onto Masters 40+ 50 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan – As I have these all purchased.

I thought I would double check the plan stacker and I see it has ‘100 km Mountain Bike Race Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan’ for the last block.

Is there much difference for a 48 year old in regards to the “100 km Mountain Bike Race Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan’ vs ‘Masters 40+ 50 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan’? and any advice around this would be appreciated.

Many Thanks.

Dave

Keymaster

Hi Dave,

I recommend you stick with the 40+ series of plans and follow the Masters 40+ 50 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan. These plans are designed to stack together seamlessly. The differences in the 100km plan are minor enough that it would not be an advantage for you to switch.

Coach Lynda

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.