Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

5-7 day stage race plan adjustment for Bikepacking trip

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 5-7 day stage race plan adjustment for Bikepacking trip

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi Lynda and team,

I’ve completed the 40+ base plan and have now started the 5-7 day stage race plan, in preparation for the Transpyr stage race in France/Spain in June. I’m really enjoying the clarity of the training plan – kudos to you and your team.

However, at the end of week 8 of this plan, I have a 4 day Bikepacking trip to Scotland planned from Thurs-Sunday. This will involve 70-100k a day of long-day mountain riding with a fully laden bike (I’ve done a few trips like this before, so know what’s ahead). I figure this should be good preparation for a stage race, but my question is how I should adjust the training plan to accommodate this?

Best,
      Paul

DaveDave
      Keymaster

Hi Paul,

That’s a rest week, so you’ll feel great on the bikepack trip. Your challenge is to be sufficiently recovered for the next weekend’s big training block. Make the L5 workout week 9 day 2 a recovery spin or no ride day. Trim the ride duration week 9 day 7 if your legs are flat past the 2 hour mark.

You have fun events on your calendar!

Coach Dave

Participant

Thanks Dave, for the prompt reply. All the best, Paul.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.