Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

40+ Masters 50 Mile PR Plan

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 40+ Masters 50 Mile PR Plan

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Lynda,

My timing for this plan is a week off, I end week 12 a week before the race. Should I repeat one of the weeks before ? I start week 10 on Monday 7/15. Seeing some good results from the plan!

Thanks in advance

Kirk

Keymaster

Hi Kirk,

Repeat week 11. The first time through on day 7 follow the 3 hour ride from week 10. The second time through follow the week as-is.

Coach Lynda

Participant

Lynda, I have a similar question. Race day is Sept 29. Suggestions on where to jump into the plan? I’m coming off a rest week now and ready to jump in 8/12/19 but looks like this week is a rest week according to plan. Thanks.
      -Art

Keymaster

Hi Art,

A few extra questions to make sure we get you on the right track for a late season peak:

Which plan?
      What have you been doing the last 6 months?
      Which race?
      What are your goals?

Coach Lynda

Participant

Hi!
      1. 50mile mtn bike PR plan for 40+
      2. Ive been training a fair amount. Have about 3500miles YTD. Just took the last 2weeks mostly off with about 200TSS per week. Did a 20min Test yesterday (Sunday) to update my numbers.
      3. The VT 50….8000ft of climbing. Yikes!
      4. I haven’t mtn bike races in years but goal is sub 6hr which would put me in top 25% of age group I believe in Sport category.
      Thanks.

Art

Keymaster

Hi Art,

Thx for the additional info. Start back 8/12 with week #1, then skip to week #7 and follow the plan to week 12 and a peak at VT50 on 9/29.

Coach Lynda

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.