- July 13, 2019 at 4:49 am #19822kirkmwParticipant
My timing for this plan is a week off, I end week 12 a week before the race. Should I repeat one of the weeks before ? I start week 10 on Monday 7/15. Seeing some good results from the plan!
Thanks in advance
- July 16, 2019 at 10:18 am #19830
Repeat week 11. The first time through on day 7 follow the 3 hour ride from week 10. The second time through follow the week as-is.
- August 11, 2019 at 8:18 pm #19912KITParticipant
Lynda, I have a similar question. Race day is Sept 29. Suggestions on where to jump into the plan? I’m coming off a rest week now and ready to jump in 8/12/19 but looks like this week is a rest week according to plan. Thanks.
- August 12, 2019 at 7:41 am #19913
A few extra questions to make sure we get you on the right track for a late season peak:
What have you been doing the last 6 months?
What are your goals?
- August 12, 2019 at 9:33 am #19914KITParticipant
1. 50mile mtn bike PR plan for 40+
2. Ive been training a fair amount. Have about 3500miles YTD. Just took the last 2weeks mostly off with about 200TSS per week. Did a 20min Test yesterday (Sunday) to update my numbers.
3. The VT 50….8000ft of climbing. Yikes!
4. I haven’t mtn bike races in years but goal is sub 6hr which would put me in top 25% of age group I believe in Sport category.
- August 12, 2019 at 10:15 am #19915
Thx for the additional info. Start back 8/12 with week #1, then skip to week #7 and follow the plan to week 12 and a peak at VT50 on 9/29.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.