Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

3 Months is up, resetting the plan

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 3 Months is up, resetting the plan

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi, I've got the non-competitior winter base plan, and I can't believe it's up already.

I have reset the start and plan to just start all over again, recheck my HR zones and just do it again until spring comes. Am I missing something? OR, should I be resetting the plan to maybe about 1/2 way through?

Keymaster

Congrats finishing the plan!

For this plan start back at the very beginning and do it over. This plan works nicely twice through. If you do cut it down to less than 12 weeks, the end of this plan is the best place to make the chop.

Lynda

Yep, I amazed I got all the way through. I never did get any skiing in, and maybe not as much alternate day activities, but I did stick with the trainer portion and core/rehab portions.

If I want to ramp it up moving towards spring, can I just add in a 4th trainer day, repeat one of the weeks sessions just not back to back? Or, do you have a different suggestion.

Thanks

PS.

We have 7' of snow consolidated into 12″ of ice all over.Frown

Keymaster

What are your goals for the spring? A different plan might be better if you are looking to ramp up above the level of the maintenance plan.

Lynda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.