Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

24 hr solo 60+ Single speed rider

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 24 hr solo 60+ Single speed rider

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi, I am looking on some advice for a training plan for my second solo 24 hr mtb race, I ride single speed. I have done many 12 hr solos one 24 hr solo and a few bikepacking events along with 100 mile races etc but have just been kinda winging it, I would like to be more focused and be faster. I use HR and do not have power. what programs would you suggest? I also have rd gravel and geared mtb to use for training. Event I am targeting is July 2020

Thank you

Dan

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Avatarclemtets. Reason: missing info
      Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Tell me a little more about your age, experience and goals for the 24 hour solo and I can recommend the best plan for you.

Coach Lynda

Participant

Hi Linda, I am 63, Still work a full time, I have raced one solo 24hr before, but only made it to 13.5 hr due to equipment issues (that wont happen again!) I can’t remember how many solo 12 hr events I have done but over 10, I have done many shorter mtb races as well and one 100 mile mtb race the High Cascades 100. The last three years my riding volume has been down a bit due to shoulder issue but that is better and I am currently riding about 12 hr a week on 4-5 days, I did a six hour ride about a month ago. I would like to win my age group or podium as Single speed depending which category I enter. All my mtb racing and 90% of mtb riding has been single speed since before 2000. I have a dog that requires lots of running so most ride days need to be on trail, however after he has had a couple hours I could go out on road or gravel bike, and i have a smart trainer for poor weather riding

Keymaster

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the extra info.

I recommend you start with our 12-week Masters 40+ Mountain Bike Base Mountain Bike Training Plan then progress on to our 12-week 24-Hour Solo Mountain Bike Personal Record Mountain Bike Training Plan. The latter plan is optimized for a <40 year old athlete with faster recovery rates. This means you will need to add extra recovery during this training plan to optimize it for your 63 year young body.

Sounds like you have a fun dog!!

Coach Lynda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.