Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

24 hour Solo (personal best) plan for 45 year old SSer

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 24 hour Solo (personal best) plan for 45 year old SSer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hello Linda,
      I have started the 24 hour MTB Solo-Personal Best plan this past week to prepare for 24 hours of Old Pueblo, AZ. I am experienced endurance racer, having raced 35 total 100 miler races in the past 6 years, all SS class. I have followed your 100 miler plan for masters athlete, and it has been successful for me. I like how that plan had built in recovery every 3 weeks, and some rides were optional based on the way you felt. The 24 hour plan does not have the built in recovery like the latter plan, but I knew that going in to it. I am concerned that I will over train beyond my recovery abilities workout to workout. Is there any advise you can give me for somehow building some recovery days into this plan without losing the meat and potatoes of what will get me ready for race day. I will be doing a large bulk of my training on a smart trainer with Zwift due to the weather in Western PA not being so cooperative! I look forward to your response. Happy Holidays!
      Joey

Keymaster

Hi Joey,

Training for OP in Western PA is a challenge!!

On the 24 HR PR plan the training cycle is 3 x 4 weeks compared to the 40+ plan series of 4 x 3 weeks. You can keep the meat and potatoes and add more accurate recovery timing for yourself by switching the 24 hour plan to 4 x 3-week training blocks as follows :

Block #1: 1, 2, 4 (recovery week)
      Block #2: 3, 5, 4 (recovery week)
      Block #3: 6, 7, 4 (recovery week)
      Block #4: 10, 11, 12.

Coach Lynda

Participant

Linda,
      Thanks for the response. Is there a way that I can change that in training peaks to keep my Zwift up to date with this new rotation of activities?
      Joey

Keymaster

Hi Joey,

The ability to move workouts around on future dates is available in TP Premium accounts. Here are the steps https://help.trainingpeaks.com/hc/en-us/articles/204072164-How-do-I-move-a-workout-

I also offer a custom load service where I can populate your calendar with the recommended sequence. This service is $45 for 12 weeks and you must already own the plan. Contact me lynda@lwcoaching.com to set this up if you would like this option.

Coach Lynda

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.