- November 24, 2019 at 9:52 pm #20191ezyriderParticipant
I am starting Week 1 of the 24-Hour solo mountain bike finishers training plan tomorrow Nov 25th 2019.
The plan ends at the 24 Hours of Old Pueblo on Feb 15th 2020.
Week 9 of this plan has the longest ride of 8 hours on Jan 25, 2020.
I am considering racing solo in the 6 or 12 Hours of Temecula on this date. https://www.socalendurance.net/12–6-hrs-of-temecula.html
1) Would it be preferable to ride 6 or 12 hours, or neither and stick to 8 hours instead?
I am open to other options, such as racing 6 hours, then ride for 2 hours immediately afterwards.
I have participated in many races but always in a team for 12 and 24 hour racing. I am worried 12 hours may be too much, and 6 hours may be too short.
thanks so much for your excellent training plans!
- November 25, 2019 at 2:18 pm #20195LyndaKeymaster
1) Racing the 6 hour is preferable. 12 hours will be too much.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.