Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

24 hour solo…finisher or PR

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 24 hour solo…finisher or PR

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Lynda 3 months ago.

• Author
    LJKelley
    Participant

Hi Lynda,
    I have completed five 12 hour races and a seven day stage race. I had not been riding for about 6 months due to the loss of a family member but got back to riding two months ago and have done some long endurance rides on the weekends. I’m looking into doing my first 24 hour solo race but I’m not sure if I should just go with the finisher plan or the PR plan? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Lynda
    Keymaster

Hi LJKelley!

Sorry to hear about your loss.

What is your goal for the 24-hour race? What is the date of your race?

Coach Lynda

LJKelley
    Participant

I would honestly like to have a strong, solid, consistent race and hopefully end up with a podium finish. I plan on registering as Solo Single Speed. The race is the Enchanted Forest race, June 8-9. I just feel that I’m in between just wanting to finish and being competitive.

Thank you.

Lynda
    Keymaster

I recommend you follow the PR plan. If it feels too much, cut it back occasionally and be sure to dial it down as recommended in recovery weeks.

Coach Lynda

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.