Mountain bike training plans. Mountain bike coaching.

Start Training

24 Hour Race Training Plan Recommendation

Home MTB Training and Racing Forums Athlete Support Forum 24 Hour Race Training Plan Recommendation

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Hi there! I’m training for a 24 hour race on August 7 (oops a little bit into the 12 weeks already), and I was wondering if you would recommend the finisher or PR 24 hour race plan. I have done 2 solo 24 hour races and numerous other long endurance events/rides, and my goal is to set a PR (just gotta do one more lap!). The only thing is, I haven’t been doing any structured training for years, but am generally active / crosstraining, so I’m a little intimidated by the ride volume of the PR plan and wonder if the finisher plan is a bit more realistic. But I already know I can finish 🙂

A separate question is, which weeks would you skip given that I have about 10 weeks at this point?

Thanks!

Keymaster

Hi Bubbaeck,

I recommend following the PR plan. The finisher plan has more volume as it is endurance focused. The PR plan will build more speed to get that one more lap. I recommend missing out weeks 3 and 7 to shorten the plan to 10 weeks.

Coach Lynda.

Participant

Great thanks! I’ll give it a shot!

Participant

So I’m in what would be week 7 of the training plan right now, but I will be out of town for work next week, so I was thinking I actually wouldn’t skip week 7, and would take the week 8 rest week while I can’t bike anyway. Does that sound reasonable? Which week should I skip for when I get back, 9 or 10?

Keymaster

Skip week 10.

Coach Lynda

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Athlete Support Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.