- January 3, 2019 at 1:39 pm #19374
I want to try and qualify for Leadville in 2020.
What I had in mind this summer was to ride the 100k Tahoe Trail race (July 13, 2019) and then 8 weeks later the 100 mile Barn Burner (Sept 7, 2019) and target one of them with a personal best effort.
The questions I have for you are:
1. Would you recommend that I use your 100k personal best and target the first race or 100 mile personal best and target the second?
2. Maybe use the 100 mile personal best to train for the 100k race, then just finish the 100 miler?
3. Maybe doing both is too much?
I am a 49 year old male ( will be 50 by the time these rides come around) and have successfully used your plans to both finish a 100 mile race and achieve a personal best on a 50 miler.
- January 3, 2019 at 1:52 pm #19375
2020 in Leadville is a great goal.
I recommend you follow our Masters 40+ Mountain Bike Base Mountain Bike Training Plan and then Masters 40+ 100 Mile Mountain Bike Personal Record training plan to peak for both Tahoe Trail race and Barnburner.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.